With the rising number of COVID-19 cases and the implementation of Movement Control Order in almost all of the states in Malaysia, travelling plans have to be put on hold and prior travel bookings have to be cancelled or postponed.
Bound to stay home, now is the time for us to take this opportunity to travel through virtual experiences and let the mind wander through the beauty of your travel destinations.
Photo via Freepik
Let’s look at some ideas on how you can make yourselves travel without even leaving home.
1. Travel into Tourism Selangor’s official website Selangor.travel for interesting places to visit in all the 9 districts of Selangor!
2. Have a picnic with your family at your front or back yard. Tea time sounds great, too.
3. Engage in virtual tours. For art lovers, you may virtually visit Shah Alam Gallery by going on an online tour through videos on their website https://galerishahalam.com/video/
4. Cook Selangor’s traditional recipes at home. It is time to whip some tasty dishes up!
5. Create a travel itinerary diary of your top places to visit. List everything down to where, when, ticket price, accommodation, budget, clothing, restaurants especially if you have a special diet or looking for halal food and your how to get about.
6. Be inspired and turn your bedroom into a sweet escape with white linens and fresh towels just like in world-class hotels.
7. Binge-watch your favourite TV series or movies to spend quality time with your loved ones.
8. Print out the world map and mark on the places you have been to and places you would like to visit. Get creative and start small by doing it on the map of Selangor!
9. Surf into travel booking websites for the best hotel deals and getaway packages for your future travels which will be friendly to your pockets!
Photo via Catch My Party
With all these listed out for you, now everyone can actually travel – without travelling.
Unwind yourselves at the comfort of your own homes, indulge in good food, and wake up in an upscale hotel setting of your own bed.
While enduring another two weeks of restrictions, these ideas will surely uplift your spirits while you create new travel memories at home! Spread the love and share these ideas with friends and loved ones.
Stay safe, stay indoors and stay safe!
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat
Filled Under :
*We reserve the right to delete comments that contain inappropriate content.