← Back to list
61 students being treated after inhaling sulfuric acid
Apr 13, 2022
61 school students in Kubang Pasu, Kedah were rushed to hospitals and clinics yesterday, after inhaling sulfuric acid.
Police say this follows a spill after workers were transferring several barrels of expired acid.
They add that the vapour was swept by the wind to spread into a classroom.
Most of the students experienced nausea and headaches, but all of them are in stable condition.
Be careful when buying food from Ramadan bazaars – KJ
Food poisoning should not be taken lightly as it can lead to various health complications and even death.
As such, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin wants Malaysians to be careful when buying and eating dishes from Ramadan bazaars.
He urged people to wash their hands before and after preparing their meal, as well as using separate utensils to avoid cross contamination between raw and cooked food.
This comes after two children in Terengganu were recently hospitalised with food poisoning, allegedly due to a dessert bought at a bazaar.
Daily COVID-19 cases rise to 9k; 30 fatalities
Malaysia reported a rise in daily COVID-19 infections at 9,002 yesterday, which is up by some 1,200 cases from the previous day.
Meanwhile, 30 more deaths were recorded nationwide, including 6 brought in dead cases.
Most of the fatalities were detected in Johor, Penang, and Sarawak.
There were also close to 17,000 recoveries.
Find out what's happening in the entertainment world today and don't miss out on the current scores of your favourite sport!
Make sure you tune in to PETRONAS News Update on MIX fm at these times:
7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 5pm, 6pm
8am, 10am, 12pm